Personally, I think the best gifts for the home cook are the ones that help he/she to
expand their abilities, learn new techniques, or make baking/cooking easier. As a cooking/baking enthusiast, I get excited about new recipes, trying new gadgets for the kitchen, and things that take the effort out of baking and cooking. Even better, I’ve found some great sales on these items just in time for the holidays! The other bonus is those gifts will keep on giving throughout the year. Your favorite cook will be happy at the time saving in the kitchen, you will have the benefit of their culinary prowess (Who doesn’t love a good meal! lol!), and every time they use your culinary gift they will be reminded of you. Sounds like the perfect choice of gifts. Read on for some great ideas!
- 1. The Polder Digital In-Oven Thermometer/Timer. The probe can stay directly in your roast or turkey while it’s in the oven, and will sound an alarm when the preset temperature is achieved. On sale now for only $17.57 That’s 30% off the regular price! Takes the guesswork out of baking and roasting. Features a water-tight probe cable. Requires 1 AAA battery (battery included) Customer review; “This is a good product for the price . Easy to use intuitive controls , display easy to read , temperature is accurate . There is no on/off button but this isn’t a big deal as the battery will probably still last for years even with it always on.”
2. Wilton 2104-2546, 53 Piece Supreme Cake Decorating Set A complete tool set for frosting and decorating cakes. If you have a budding cake decorator at home, they will be able to learn cake decorating easily. Set includes tips, icing bags, flower nails and couplers, everything you’ll need to create beautiful cakes. Includes a 36-page instruction book illustrating decorating techniques. On sale now for $25.46, a 23% savings. Priced right for the beginner to get all he/she needs to get started making beautiful, professional looking cakes!
3. OXO Good Grips Cookie Scoop This is the small cookie scoop. Each scoop holds 2 teaspoons of dough and yields a 2-inch cookie. It also comes in medium and large. A real time-saver in the kitchen it helps to create cookies that are uniform in size which helps them to bake evenly. With a simple squeeze of the soft grip handle the cookie is released on to the baking sheet. No more fumbling trying to get the dough off of a spoon! On sale for $12.99
4. Norpro Mandoline Slicer/Grater With Guard- Your favorite cook will feel like a pro with this time-saving tool! This compact mandoline comes with 5 stainless steel blades for slicing, grating, and shredding. Legs fold for easy storage. This tool makes thin enough slices you could make your own potato chips! Great for preparing salads! On sale for 32% off at $17.03
5.KitchenAid 6-Quart Professional 600 Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer-for the more serious cook in your life this mixer features a large bowl for mixing big batches of breads, cookies, and even mashed potatoes. A real time and work saver in the kitchen! Features a powerful 575-watt motor, 10-speeds, a pouring shield, and comes in a variety of colors. On sale now for $429.00!
6. Cuisinart CSB-76 SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender With this tool you can easily make creamy soups, frozen drinks, and lump-free gravy! It makes blending easy because you blend right in the pitcher, pot, or bowl. Lightweight and comfortable to hold, it operates with an easy one touch control. The stainless steel shaft detaches easily and is dishwasher safe. Comes in a variety of colors to suit your fancy, and it features a blade guard to reduce splattering. Buy it now for $34.32. A savings of 47%
7. Hamilton Beach 33967 Set’n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker Even with a busy schedule the home cook can make hearty, healthy meals that are ready when you get home from work. This programmable 6-Quart slow cooker will make enough to feed six easily. The program mode cooks for the specified amount of time then automatically switches to keep-warm so food doesn’t overcook. It also has a manual mode, and a probe that takes the guesswork out of cooking meat. Features an attractive finish and a tight-seal gasket so you can take your meal to the neighborhood potluck. Perfect for cooking soups, stews, casseroles, pot roasts and curries it comes with a recipe book and has a one-year warranty. Get it now for $49.00, 18% off the regular price!
8. Cuisinart GR-4N 6-in1 Griddler- No more waiting for the warm weather to grill! A real multi-tasker, this counter top unit works as a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle and half grill/half griddle. It features a floating cover to adjust to the thickness of the food. Grease free healthy cooking, adjustable temperature controls, and easy to clean reversible panels and drip tray. Comes with gourmet recipes and a 3 year warranty. Available for a limited time for 57% off the regular price. Buy it now for only $79.00!
9. KitchenAid KICAoWH Ice Cream Maker Attachment-If the cook in your life already owns a KitchenAid stand mixer, attachments can greatly expand the versatility of that mixer. The Ice Cream Maker Attachment can be a treat for the whole family. Easy to use, it makes up to 2 quarts of ice cream, sorbet, or sherbert in about 25 minutes. The freezer bowl, can be easily stored in your freezer for impromptu ice cream production. No need for a separate bulky appliance! See a complete review of this product, including video, here. Currently on sale for 20% off, it can be yours for only $79.00
10. Cookbooks always make great gifts! If your cook is a fan of Food Network their are several of the chefs that have cookbooks out.
Guy Fieri has put out “Guy Fieri Food; Cookin’ It, Livin’ It, Lovin’ It“ If you are familiar with Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives you know Guy has a unique humor, and a love of big, bold flavors. His latest cookbook has recipes that would be great for entertaining. You can purchase it for $17.98 which is 34% off the regular price
Rachel Ray, a perennial Food Network favorite, also has a new book out “Rachel Ray 365: No Repeats–A Year of Deliciously Different Dinners (A 30-Minute Meal Cookbook)” If you are looking for quick, easy recipes for everyday dinners, this is the book for you! At 32% off the regular price, you can buy it today for $13.57
Or, Check out Anne Burrell’s new book “Cook Like a Rock Star: 125 Recipes, Lessons, and Culinary Secrets”. Ann has had the series on Food Network “Cook like a Restaurant Chef” and gives recipes that extra edge that takes them from ordinary to superb. A regular in kitchen stadium she can teach you to cook like an “Iron Chef”. Her book is currently on sale for $15.98 which is 40% off the cover price
I hope you’ve found something in my list of “Best Gifts for the Home Cook” that would make the perfect gift for someone in your life. These products all come with Free Shipping to sweeten the deal even more. Why traipse through endless stores, fighting with other customers over limited sale items, standing in long lines, and wasting your precious time? Sit back in your easy chair, pop open your favorite beverage, and shop online for your holiday gifts. You’ll be happier, and you can find a great gift for that special someone in your life!