Have you been looking at upgrading to a Kitchenaid Professional 600 stand mixer? Not sure if it is the right mixer for you? Do you feel like the manufacturer gives you a biased report? I enjoy writing product reviews, and in this article I will be discussing the pros and cons of the Kitchenaid Professional to help you make an informed decision.
How much does it cost?
The manufacturers suggested retail price for the Kitchenaid professional 600 is $500, but you should be able to get one for between $290 to $400. The price differences depend on the color you select. White is the cheapest at this point in time. The cheapest prices I have found are on Amazon. Who, in addition, include FREE SHIPPING.
Update; It is currently on sale at Amazon for 36% off BUY NOW!!!
Here are just a couple of the exciting colors the kitchenaid pro 600 comes in;
It comes in 14 colors so you can match it to your decor!
Things I like about the KitchenAid Pro 600
The Kitchenaid Professional 600 model has a powerful 575 watts durable motor. It’s large 6 quart bowl allows for big and heavy mixes to be done easily. The bowl is large enough for double batches of cookie dough(13 dozen). the handle on the bowl makes it easier to get out what you put in. The motor powerful enough to make up to 8 loaves of white bread, or 8 lbs. of mashed potatoes. Kitchenaid mixers have a tradition of quality, they are versatile and efficient.
All Kitchenaid Professional 600 mixers come with 3 attachments, a wire whip, a flat beater and the spiral dough hook. There are dozens more that you can purchase separately. I’ve been reading such good reviews on the pasta attachment, I’m planning to make it my next purchase.
The spiral dough hook allows for better mixing, but also gives a more thorough knead, and does it in about 10 minutes time for a standard batch of bread dough.
The flat beater is designed to shed the mixture while it revolves around the bowl, and is also designed to get a more complete mix. When using the flat beater for medium weight mixes you want to use speeds from about 4 – 8. You will probably use these speeds around 80% of the time.
You can get Kitchenaid Accessories Here These are just a few of the attachments that are available.
Unique to the Kitchenaid professional 600 is the planetary mixing action meaning that while the beater revolves around the bowl in one direction it also spins in the opposite direction and touches 67 different points on the bowl, which is what kitchenaid planetary mixing is all about.
The bowl lift model is the most stable model that kitchenaid makes because it has two arms that wrap around the bowl and the bowl is secured on heavy duty metal pins. The level on the side lifts the bowl up to the mixing attachment. Some people prefer mixers that have a tilting head as opposed to the bowl lift and it really is a personal preference, but for me the bowl lift tended to mix more evenly and I did not have to scrape the sides down after wards because the attachment gets closer to the sides of the bowl.
Electronic Speed Sensor
An electronic sensor monitors the speed through 10 different speeds so that you can match the speed to the job. The higher speeds are for using the wire whip and the lower speeds are used with the flat beater and the dough hook.
- Stir Speed – For dry ingredient mixing at the start including mashing and slow stirring.
- Speed Setting 2 – A slow mixing speed for kneading yeast, doughs, batters and candies. This is the setting that is recommended for bread making as the machine is designed to be left on for longer on this setting.
- Speed Setting 4 – Great for mixing and beating cookies, cake mixes and making meringues.
- Speed Setting 6 – Use for beating, creaming and whipping cake mixtures and batters.
- Speed Setting 8 – A fast setting for whipping cream, frosting, and egg whites.
- Speed Setting 10 – Use for small amounts to complete the final whip
Soft Start Mixing Feature
To stop food being sprayed all over the kitchen and you from being covered in flour, the kitchenaid professional 600 comes with a soft start mixing feature so that when any mixing speed is selected it will always start at a slower speed and slowly advance to the desired speed setting.
The Kitchenaid professional 600 mixer is perfect for:
- Those who own an old fashioned stand mixer and have decide it is time to upgrade to a newer model.
- Hard core cooks that need more brawn in their kitchen.
- Cooks who mix large mixes on a regular basis.
- People who absolutely love to bake on a large scale, but cannot mix or maybe are no longer able to mix.
- People who need a quality product and for that product to last a long time.
- Depth 14 5/8 Inches
- Height 16 1/2 Inches
- Width 11 5/16 Inches
- Weight 30 LB
- Electrical 60 Hz. 120 V, 575 W
- Mixing Bowl – 6 Quart Stainless Steel with handle
- Mixing Speeds – 10
- “This baby reduces 20 minutes of grinding by hand to a 60-second mix on low.”
- “The speed settings are EXTREMELY powerful on this mixer”
- “I purchased a kitchenaid professional 600 mainly to make a recipe that calls for 7 cups of flour and my old mixer couldn’t handle it.
- ” The kitchenaid professional 600 is a really sturdy piece of equipment and looks great in my kitchen”
Does it Include a Warranty?
Yes, the Kitchenaid Professional 600 comes with a 1 year warranty and Kitchenaid will replace it free of charge if for any reason it fails in the first year.
Here are Some Useful Customer Comments;
I didn’t find many complaints but here are a few of the ones that came up:
Some people said that the Kitchenaid professional 600 was too tall to fit under their counter top or it the cupboard. Check the sizes before you buy. The Height of this mixer is 16.5-inches.
Customers commented on it being a bit noisy, but they also said that they could put up with the noise because it did what it said on the box. It’s a big motor, it’s going to make some noise.
You should also know that some of the attachments that come with the kitchenaid professional 600 are not dishwasher safe which is an inconvenience. But they are very easy to clean by hand due to the finish on them.
A few customers said that the Kitchenaid professional 600 did not handle small mixes very well, and they needed to scrape the bowl frequently. It definitely works best on large mixes.
Where Can You Buy the Kitchenaid Professional 600 at the Best Price?
You can purchase the Kitchenaid Professional 600 from Amazon. They include FREE SHIPPING and from what I have found when comparing prices with other online merchants, Amazon currently has the best deal especially with the free shipping option. Click here to view on Amazon.
Read more reviews by people who bought the Kitchenaid professional 600 here.