: This filling works really well with the Best-Ever Chocolate cake recipe. The cream cheese gives it a tang that accents the chocolate really well.
- 8-ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2-Tablespoons milk
- 4-ounces melted chocolate
- Place the room temperature cream cheese in the bowl of your mixer and start beating on low speed until it looks smooth
- Add the milk and continue beating. Mixture should resemble thick sour cream
- Melt chocolate in microwave safe cup in 20 second intervals until soft. Be sure to stir after each interval.
- Add chocolate to cream cheese mixture and beat until well blended.
- Spread between cake layers.
If mixture appears too thick. Add 1 more tablespoon of milk. It will need a certain amount of thickness or it won’t stay between the cake layers.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Microformatting by hRecipe.