Easy to make and better than a lot of snacks in terms of health
- Heat oven to 350F
- Mix sugars, shortening, egg, water, and vanilla at medium speed in the bowl of your stand mixer
- With mixer on speed 2 add the remaining ingredients. You can use a funnel or add the ingredients with the mixer shut off and then turn it back on.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 1-inch apart on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake until almost no indentation remains when touched, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately and store in airtight container.
- Recipe makes about 5 dozen depending on size.
- TIPS: You can also use a small scooper to form the cookies.
- Dough can be frozen for later use if you don’t want to bake all of them at once.
- If you refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes prior to baking they will hold their shape better
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time:12-15 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 5 dozen
Meal type: dessert