I had already posted the recipe I use for a cooked fudge frosting. I’ve decided I should also include a no-cook version of fudge frosting. This recipe will give you great results and is easier to use.
: This is a beautiful, rich chocolate frosting that is easy to work with. It forms a nice crust and… could be your new favorite chocolate frosting
- 1/2-Cup Butter (softened)
- 1/3-Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4-teaspoon salt
- 1-teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2-Cup cocoa powder
- 3-4-Tablespoons milk (depending on desired thickness)
- 4-Cups sifted confectioner’s (icing) sugar
- Place butter in the bowl of your stand mixer
- Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy
- Add corn syrup, salt, and vanilla and beat for one minute more.
- With mixer on lowest speed, slowly add in the cocoa powder.
- Add in the milk and icing sugar, a little at a time, alternating between them. Should be about 4 additions.
- Continue to beat until smooth.
This will make enough frosting to frost a two-layer 9-inch cake. It can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. It will require beating again before use.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Microformatting by hRecipe.
for those that aren’t comfortable with having to cook a frosting.