: Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Filling
: These are too good to share with the kids! Rich, moist chocolate cake. Raspberry Filling with just a touch of alcohol. Topped off with chocolate fudge frosting. Sinful!
- For the Cake;
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 Cup freshly brewed coffee
- Raspberry Filling
- 1/4 Cup Raspberry preserves (seedless is best)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chambord or Vodka.
- Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2-Cup Butter (softened)
- 1/3-Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4-teaspoon salt
- 1-teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2-Cup cocoa powder
- 3-4-Tablespoons milk (depending on desired thickness)
- 4-Cups sifted confectioner’s (icing) sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F or 175C
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a smaller measuring cup or bowl mix the milk and lemon juice together and set aside.
- Place butter in the bowl of your stand mixer. Butter should be soft. Cream at medium speed for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add in the sugar, 1/2 Cup at a time. Scrape down bowl as needed. Continue beating at medium high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and continue beating until blended in.
- Add eggs on at a time and allow the first one to become part of the mix before adding the next one
- Add the coffee to the milk and lemon juice mixture. Stir
- Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture to the mixture in the stand mixer bowl. Continue mixing until blended in
- Add about 1/3 of the liquid mixture to the mixer bowl. Beat well.
- Continue alternating between adding the flour and adding the liquid until all has been incorporated.
- Fill paper-lined cupcake tins about 3/4 full.
- Bake 15-17 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from tin.
MAKE FILLING; Combine the preserves and Chambord (Raspberry liqueur) or Vodka. Mix to an even consistency.
TO ASSEMBLE; Using a knife or a coring device make a hole in the center of each cupcake. Fill to the top with Raspberry filling.
- Place butter in the bowl of your stand mixer
- Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy
- Add corn syrup, salt, and vanilla and beat for one minute more.
- With mixer on lowest speed, slowly add in the cocoa powder.
- Add in the milk and icing sugar, a little at a time, alternating between them. Should be about 4 additions.
- Continue to beat until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes and enjoy!
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Microformatting by hRecipe.